Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Katherine 1 and 2

I enjoy doing the one minute gesture drawings. They force you to look for the movement or tension in a pose and to capture what most appeals to you in a short amount of time.

I find I often only glance at the model once or twice more after I have decided what lines to start with on my sketch.

These are a couple of ten minute poses. With that amount of time you can add more detail in the form of muscle mass, fingers, facial features and capture some of the light and shadow.

I may develop Katherine 1 into a colour painting later. I like the simplicity and the light and shadow.

Katherine 1

For the second sketch I tried to capture the tension in the pose as she was not lying back resting on the pillow but supporting herself with her arms.

The pictures shown here are all 9" x 12” original graphite pencil drawings and are available matted and shrink wrapped for $50.00 each.

Thank you for coming to look at my artwork.

Katherine 2

No comments:

Post a Comment