Saturday, September 1, 2018

29th Annual Kawartha Arts Festival

Today is the first day of the Kawartha Arts Festival, held in Fenelon Falls, Ontario at the Fenelon Fair Grounds.

The Festival Organizer, Maud Skoog, wanted me to exhibit a few of my nudes and this year I decided to finally bring in and display a couple of my sketches of nudes that I did while in the Life drawing classes at the Kawartha Artists' Gallery and Studio.

During the course of the day a number of people remarked on the sketches and were pleased to see something exhibited other than the usual landscapes, floral and abstracts.

With this kind of response, next year I will probably bring in either a couple more sketches, or some of my paintings in watercolour, or my drawings in either  pastel or conte.

The hours for the show are:
9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. today and
10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. tomorrow.

The exhibit is well worth the drive out to Fenelon Falls; and I hope to see some of you at the show either today or tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment